"As disciples of Jesus moved by the Holy Spirit, we are called to share God's unconditional love, to be In Mission for Others"
We work with agencies near and far to help meet the needs of those around us as Jesus would have us do. Our aim is to do our part in making this a compassionate society for all to live.
- provide food and workers for St. John the Divine Emergency Food Bank
- provide help to the Mustard Seed Food Bank
- provide support for the students of Central Middle School
- provide food, gifts and support for Our Place
- support and participate in the work of the Truth and Reconciliation Committee of Victoria
- support and participate in the funding of refugees coming to Victoria
- support with our worship space, time, and energy: KAIROS, 12-step groups, and other initiatives dedicated to advocacy for those who are most vulnerable.
Further away, we support Canadian Lutheran World Relief (CLWR) and the Lutheran World Foundation (LWF) in order to help those around the world who suffer from disaster, poverty and misfortune.
We also share a special relationship with the people of San Juan Camino de Esperanza, our companion congregation located in Lima, Peru. There is much we are learning from them as they are an inner city congregation overflowing with children.
Our engagement in these various areas of mission and outreach are open to all who are moved to participate.
Come and join us in doing our part to make a peaceful, just world for all to live.
Backpacks for Homeless Initiative with Central Middle School
We were thrilled to support our neighbours at Central Middle School with their "Backpacks for Homeless" project through a Church Extension and Capital Fund (CECF) grant from BC Synod's Mission Committee in Fall of 2020. Watch the below videos to learn more, and be sure to check out the Central Middle School students' PowerPoint about their experience!
Click below to download CMS Help the Homeless Presentation: